Deepan Raj M
Embedded Systems | Robotics | Computer Vision | Machine Learning | Electronics
Embedded Software Engineer at Visteon Technical and Services Centre, Chennai (June-2017 to Present)
Working with global tool support for Integration of AI (Machine/Deep Learning) based automation solutions in validation of Automotive Audio Infotainment, Instrument Cluster, HUD and Display Systems.
Supporting for interfacing Hardware for Automation testing.
> Python | Winwrap | C#
> Keras | Tensorflow | Theano | Open CV | LibrosaSK-Learn
> Provetech Software | Visual Studio | VBAI
Graduate Technical Intern at Visteon Technical and Services Centre, Chennai. (Dec-2016 to May-2017)
- Working on Automation in Feature Diagnosis for HMI part (TFT Display) of Instrument Cluster using HIL tester and Computer Vision
- Creating Functionality Test plans and Unit Test plans for Instrument Cluster.
- Tools Used:
- Vector Canalyzer, Vector Cast, Trace 32, Excel VBA
Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Ordoid XU4, PIC 16F877, NI DAQ, APM, Altera DE2, Zed Board.
C, Python, Verilog HDL, C#, Winwrap.
Keras, Tensorflow, Spacy, Beautifulsoup, OpenCV, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, Seaborn etc.
Adobe Photoshop, AfterEffects and SoundBooth, VideoScribe.
Master of Engineering in VLSI Design and Embedded Systems (2015-2017) at Anna University, MIT Campus, Chennai
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication (2010-2014) at Agni College of Technology, Chennai
1. Published a paper titled “ Smart Autonomous Gardening Rover with Plant Recognition using Neural Networks” in International Conference on Advances in computing and Communication, 2016.
2. Presented and Published a paper titled “Static Gesture Recognition based Precise positioning of 6 DOF Robotic Arm using FPGA”, in International Conference on Trends in Industrial Measurements and Automation, 2017.
3. Presented and published paper titled “Vision Based Feature Diagnosis for Automobile Instrument Cluster using Machine Learning”, in International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication and Networking, 2017.
4. Published a paper titled “Analyzing ConvNet Depth for Deep Face Recognition” – in CVIP-2017, IIT Roorkee.
5. Presented and Published a white paper titled “Multilingual String Verification for Automotive Instrument Cluster Using Artificial Intelligence” – in Step In Summit – 2018
Hand Gesture Based Robotic Arm control using FPGA
The static hand gesture is recognized and processed by using Odroid XU4 and Open CV. Based on the recognized Hand Gestures, Servo motors in the 5 DOF Robotic Arm will be controlled simultaneously to perform pick and place operations efficiently and precisely using Xilinx Zedboard FPGA.
Autonomous Gardening Robot – ALIVE
An Autonomous robot which assists the farmer by Identifying and checking the plants using Neural Networks and its habitats by watering it, pouring pesticides and forecasts the yield rate and weather using IOT and Raspberry Pi.
6 Legged Walking Hexapod for border surveillance and security
The robot has 18 servo motors comprising of six legs, is used for walking in all terrain. It is controlled by servo controller and Arduino. Raspberry Pi is mounted on the bot for detecting human and sending an image to the security via SMS using Vision based Machine learning and IOT.
Voice Controlled Biped Walking Robot
A Biped robot that can walk and perform other activities based on the voice command given by the user using an Android application and Arduino. It is a 6 Degrees of Freedom robot made of high torque servo motors making it easier to waking forward, backward and some postures.
Vision based Surveillance system using Machine learning and IOT
Face Detection & Recognition is done using Vision based Machine learning algorithm (HOG), by which unauthorized user on the PC will be identified and an image will be sent to the user via SMS.
Home Automation using LABVIEW
The project is a sophisticated model in which various appliances in a home can be controlled using LabVIEW. The project incorporates unique automation by controlling it through a central server and also by Voice.
Home Automation using Internet of Things.
Home Appliances can be controlled using a website from anywhere using Raspberry Pi and WebioPi.
Humanoid Robot (5 – Feet)
5 – Feet Humanoid robot with 16 DOF controlled by Arduino Mega, which can perform operations like walking forward & performing Postures.
Environmental Sound Monitoring usind Deep Learning:
Using Urban Sound dataset, created a Recurrent Neural Network for detecting and classifying environmental sounds. Feature extraction done using Librosa and Network build using Keras/Tensorflow
Detection of automatic counting of Indian Coins
Hand curated dataset for the Indian coins. Using Watershed algorithm to detect coins and using Logistic regression to classify different coins and eventually calculated the sum of Rupees. Used OpenCV and SKlearn.
Mask Detection using Deep learning based Object Detection
To check whether a person is wearing a mask or not. Used Haar Cascade to detect face and created a Convolution Neural Network for classifying face with and without mask. Used Keras/Tensorflow and OpenCv.
Sign Language for Deaf and Dumb
Created a live detection of Hand Sign Language from webcam, by curating a dataset and trained it using Random Forest. Used OpenCV and SKlearn.
Face Emotion Recognition using CNN
Used FER Dataset and created a VGG based Convolution Neutral Network to train different emotions. And by detecting face using haar cascades in real time and saying the emotion of the person. Used Keras/Tensorflow and OpenCV.
Sarcasm Detection from News using LSTM
From the Sarcasm Dataset, created an LSTM based Neural Network with Tensorflow NLP technique. The Model can read an input news heading and term it as sarcasm or not. Used keras/Tensorflow.
Traffic Density Calculation using Deep Learning
Using Multi Object Detection Pretrained model, Created a Vehicle identification model and calculated the number of vehicle in the current scene and thereby automating the traffic lights. Used Keras/Tensorflow.
Waste Segregation using Robotic Arm and Deep Learning
Created a CNN model to detect Degradable and Non Degradable Garbage and by serially communicating with Arduino to control a robotic arm to push the garbage to the respective bins. Used Keras/Tensorflow, OpenCV and Arduino.
1. Got nominated for Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award at 2018 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
2. Won the Most Impressive Project award on the topic “Drill Droid” in IIT Kharagpur, Kolkata.
3. Won 1st Prize in International level Paper Presentation on the topic “Cerebral Decoder using EEG and Neural Linguistic Dictionary” in Anna University, Thoothukudi.
4. An Official Record Holder of Asia Book of Records, India Book of Records and Tamil Nadu Book of Records by attending the Largest and Longest Information Security Hands-On Workshop (E-Hack)
5. Won 2nd Prize in International level Project Presentation on the topic “Modern Farming” in Anna University, Thoothukudi.
6. Won 2nd Prize in National level Project Presentation on the topic “Mobile Stealth Maneuverable Robot” in “Anna University, Chennai.
7. Won 1st Prize in National level Paper Presentation on the topic “Artificial Legs” in Bhajarang Engineering College, Chennai.
8. Won 1st Prize in National level Project Presentation conducted by Velammal Engineering College.
9. Won 3rd prize in Interdepartmental project exhibition on the topic “Gentrification of Conventional Energy” conducted in our college.
10. Won 1st Prize in National level Quiz competition in R.R. Engineering College, Chennai.
11. Nominated as the Popular Project award by National Instruments, US.
12. Ranked 51st in National level “Mathematics Talent Search” competition
1. Made an Indian Book of Records by involving 700+ Students in Artificial Intelligence in a single day at 2018.
2. Personally got appreciated by former president Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam for creating a cost effective 5 feet humanoid Robot.
3. Organised a Technical Symposium as the Vice President of Agni College of Technology in 2012.
4. Won 20+ Technical Events during the year 2011 to 2014 in many National level Symposiums.
5. District Level Chess and Shuttle Player.
6. Known to play Nagra, Dolak, Triple Congo musical Instruments.